POST AUTHOR: RACHEL
Happy (early) Halloween! This past weekend I rang in a new decade and did it in such a fun way - surrounded by family and friends donning their best Halloween costumes! I'm deeply thankful for so many incredible friends and my family who all came out to celebrate.
Huge shoutout to Ashley Tribble for the unbelievable makeup work she did for my husband and me! It was impressive and everyone was amazed at our Day of the Dead costumes.
And kuddos to More Cheese Please KC for providing an epic charcuterie board - it was a huge hit and delicious!
Post Author: Rachel
Well, it’s time to say adios to my 20’s and embrace my 30’s! My 30th birthday is coming up this month so I thought I’d reflect on a few life lessons I’ve learned over the years. Now, I definitely have not perfected all of these by any means, but I hope to continue working on these lessons and learn a whole lot more over the next decade!
30 Things I've Learned Before 30
30. Drink good wine - no one needs a bad wine headache
29. Learn how to cook - take a cooking class or try a new recipe from Pinterest, it’s a very necessary life skill and keeps you from eating out all the time
28. Network - meet as many people and make as many friends as you can find
27. Don’t hold onto things - purge your closet once a year, if you haven’t worn it all year, donate it
26. Take care of yourself - workout regularly, eat your vegetables and take your vitamins, but still indulge occasionally
25. Nothing good happens after midnight - my mom told me this all the time and she was right
24. Find a good hairdresser and go every 3 months
23. Read books - go to the library and find a good book to get lost in
22. Don’t waste time on social media - it can suck you in, don’t let it
21. Compliment others - everyone likes a compliment, hand them out like candy
20. Don’t waste time dating until your 20’s and even then, be selective
19. Invest your money and talk with a financial adviser to make the best plan for your future
18. Learn how to do laundry - for stains, use cold water; never wash reds with lights; use hot water for bedding and towels
17. Explore your city - take a weekend to be a tourist in your own city. Try new restaurants, check out the hot spots, and see what all your city has to offer.
16. Politics - figure it out for yourself and then don’t talk about it
15. Be kind to everyone you meet - even if you’re having a bad day, smile and say thank you
14. Get a dog - they are the best and will love you forever. Plus, it's been statistically proven that dog owners live longer.
13. Invest in your skincare line - bad skin is a bad day, just fork up the money and take care of your face
12. You don’t always have to be right - this is hard for my very stubborn self but sometimes, it’s just not worth it
11. Maximize every opportunity - whatever stage of life you are in, live to the fullest
10. Be open to new opportunities and try new things
9. But also know, that you can say no - sometimes you need a break, take it
8. Be yourself, apologetically
7. Invest in your mattress - you spend at least a third of your life sleeping, make your mattress a good one
6. Visit family often and call them regularly - they're the most important people in your life, invest in them and cherish every moment
5. Serve your spouse - anything from a sweet compliment in the morning to making their favorite meal, whatever your love language, share it generously
4. Pray with your spouse
3. Find a church and get involved
2. Travel as much as possible - see the world! You can do this on a budget too, do your research and make a priority list.
1. Getting old isn’t something to dread, it’s something to celebrate! I’m older and wiser and excited for this next chapter in my 30’s!
Sign up for our quarterly newsletter!