POST AUTHOR: RACHEL
Over the weekend, my husband and I participated in our first ever chili cook off as contestants! We had a lot of fun tasting all kinds of unique and delicious chilis. The competition was fierce, but in the end, WE WON!!
We made some scrumptious White Chicken Chili and it was a hit. There were 12 entries in total, each judged on presentation, aroma and taste. I still can't believe we took home the winner's plaque!
So, I wanted to share with you this (now) award winning chili recipe.
As I've mentioned before, I enjoy experimenting with recipes and throwing together new and creative meals. I took a little of this and a little of that from a few different chili recipes ... my mother-in-law's recipe and a few from Pinterest too.
We like our chili with a kick, so feel free to adjust the amount of jalapeños and peppers.
1. Combine the chicken, onions, celery, red pepper, green chili peppers, garlic, cumin, salt, coriander, oregano, cayenne pepper, Tony's, bay leaf, and jalapeños in the crockpot. Pour the chicken broth over the top, covering the chicken and the vegetables.
2. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or on LOW for 6 hours.
3. About 30 minutes before the timer is up, shred the chicken by pulling apart with two forks (it will easily fall apart). Place back in the crockpot and add the corn, beans and a sprinkle some cilantro on top. Taste and add any other seasonings as desired.
4. Cover and cook for another 30 minutes.
5. Serve topped with more cilantro, jalapeños and sour cream.
Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Sign up for our quarterly newsletter!